Friday, June 22, 2012

Module 5 Reflection

This module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways...

I think using student-centered assessments are a great way to involve everyone in your classroom.  You give the students more control in their learning.  They are no longer just test taker.  I think when you show them that you trust them enough to grade their classmate's tests that you earn their trust.  You are showing them that you trust them to do more, and in return they will give you more effort.  I also think a lot goes into student-centered assessment.  I think that there needs to be set guidelines up front.  They need to know exactly what is expected of them, and that their grading efforts will be checked.  A classroom learning experience needs to take place on the importance of fairness.  Students need to know that they need to be extremely fair while grading.  I think student-centered assessments can be a great thing in the classroom, as long as we do the prep work.  I think I will use it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment